Note: all the trail names may have been called differently or built or used by others, this story merely from our own perspective.
"Tiada kena mengena dengan yang mencangkul atau pun tidak."
For those who we've forgotten, or twist the story you might think of, you know who you are and the truth is out there to ride.
(a la X files ejen Mulder pulak)
Lefty Ridge - Haluan Kiri
- this trail is named in our tribute to mr lefty for his dedication and believes, and he used to have canondale lefty which he rode extensively during the recce. But now inherit his rig to mr headshox.
On top of that, the "ridge" is always on the left side.
During afternoon session, the ponteng ride. photo by headshox.
- name simply given by our sifu, bro Zali, because of the natural flow of the trail when descending from peak garden. Classic when you ride it fast. Repeat, Only when you ride it fast.
- named due the condition of this steep descend, (during the test ride, the small batus were flying all over the place) which also can be very slippery when wet, and loose gravel panic kinda thing when in super dry condition.
stairway to heaven loose rock descend.photo by headshox
- while recce for this link, tok batin, bro sifu Zali and bro Meor eating buah kurma for brunch. So, whenever they were dicussing about the sweetness of the singletrack during post-recce, the dialog was like this "tempat yang kita makan kurma tu la.."
Kurma consist of RootBloodyroot, and Double Rotten Log.
-is named after the switchback which originally got big roots criss-crossing the switchback to challenge the skill of us also to differentiate between the boys and the men.
But the enjoyment was cut short when, again a stupid fella "potong" the root. Until now, the serial root-cutter remain mystery. Dont tell us he is the same person who cut the root at KDCF.Darn.
- the trail frequently used by the flores indons to hunt wild boar. The Flores consist of River Rock, where a little sungai runs thru it.
-"good morning" trail is tok batin's idea, with the help of tok penghulu mr lefty, and Chip Mubin, they recce the loop together.
The purpose of this trail is for warming-up, if riders choose to start from Alam Budiman. The trail consist of "bukit skodeng" and "single rotten log" drop and not-so-tight switchbacks.
single-rotten log drop and "lipat" at Selamat Pagi! photo by jason koh
- according to Alam Budiman's Tok Batin, he explain to us while we were "hired" by him, this nasty hill is the correlation of Good Morning, meaning, its like after someone woke-up in the morning, then basically you wash your face, refreshed.
After this hill, usually our mentally not-so-prepared visitors will request to bailed out.
- This is the little but lovely reward after your huff and puff climbing the Basuh Muka, designed for descending, consist of a few switchbacks.
It was the first phase (thats why it called S1) of the so called revival project funded by the Tok Batin. But unable to get the CF (certificate of fitness, chewahh..) due to the not-user-friendly kind of switchback as what he claim it was.
Ironically, we got a very positive Kiara regulars feedback after their test ride, they said "emm quite easy peasy to be honest".
- the S2 stretch consist of batu hampar n bollocks switchback, it was touted as the 2nd phase (thats why its call S2 obviously). This trail partly built with the help of Saidi's gang, who built the now defunct engineering failure bridge.
The trail also not awarded the CF by Tok Batin, but actually when you learn and open up your mind, once you master the line, you got your bragging rights.
However, the original stretch never been cangkul to the finish due to some reason.